Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dads and Grads

Crafts and goodies and fun pretty gifts are not just for the ladies in your life
With Father's Day approaching and Graduation here.  
I have a gift idea for the manly men on your gift buying list.
Recently, I made a gift bag for a male friends 40th birthday.  But it wasn't really a gift bag.  
No, it was a MAN BOX!!!!
I took a regular cardboard box and covered it with plain old wrapping paper.  I chose a light blue paper for this outside layer and brown glitter paper for my inside layer. No need to line it all the way inside because the stuffing and gifts will cover most of the inside of the box.

I found beautifully grass like shredded paper and sparkling swirly sticks from Moskatels in downtown Los Angeles. Then I got some glasses from Crate and Barrel.  They are called buzz glasses, and that is a suitable name for them.
I filled them with nostalgic candy. Gumballs, dum dums, red vines, and chocolate sports balls. All found at the local pharmacy. I then wrapped them with cello bags and polka dotted ribbon that were just left over scraps I had laying around.

Next, I went to Big 5 to find some sports themed and Laker inspired recyclable bags to play in my background, Los Angeles dodgers pez dispenser and a baseball bat filled with sunflower seeds. As well as some golf balls and tees.
If I would have had more room, I would have stuck in some beer to top it off.

So, don't worry about what to get Dad, hubby, brother or fiance!  

Make it a MAN BOX!

Now, please, try it yourself and I would love to see your gift box themed ideas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...