Pin It button on image hover

Friday, February 28, 2014

{Frosting Friday} A Sweet Surprise Birthday!


Happy Friday 2 Hearts readers!

It's Kylie here, and today we have another sweet invitation to end the week (and the month of all things love and sweets) with this "Sweet Surprise Birthday" invitation we did a few years ago for a guy very close to my heart…my husband Kyle! :)


I knew I wanted to do a sweets theme for his birthday, with a red and aqua color palette, so Jillian designed this amazingly creative invitation to set the tone for the surprise party!


I was going to serve coffee and dessert for a few close friends, so the invitation reflected the details, along with a note to be "prompt" since the birthday boy would be arriving shortly after the guests arrived!


One of my favorite details of this invitation was the coordinating shimmer red envelope, lined with a colorful gumdrop liner!



This invitation reflected my vision for the party perfectly--I just fell in love with them when I saw the finished result! :)

Here are a few more photos from the party as well:


The dessert table


I made the birthday banner myself by downloading this free birthday banner printable by Anders Ruff, mounting it on card stock and stringing it up with red ribbon.




My husband's favorite cake is Susie Cakes' Celebration Cake ;)


Cupcakes were from The Cupcakery in Thousand Oaks, and I created the coordinating dessert table signage.


No dessert table is complete without a variety of sweets!







I adhered these "YUM" printable tags to lollipops for some extra fun ;)


More cupcakes! :)







We had a few bowls of popcorn spread out around the room to balance out all the sweet!



 Jillian created these adorable coordinating labels for the treat bags~each guest got to fill a goodie bag with treats for the road!





This was such a fun birthday theme! Everyone enjoyed getting to pick and choose their treats, so it's important to have a variety of sweets that appeal to everyone. Every time I look back at pictures of this party I smile :) And I can't say enough about how much I loved these invitations! They truly set the tone for the birthday and the afternoon.

And on a personal note, today is my husband's actual birthday, so sending out special birthday wishes to him today! Thank you for being the best husband ever! :) xoxo

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...